My Pageviews

Friday, March 14, 2014

Painting A Picture Of Me! ,Myself!, and I!

Hi EveryOne!!!

How are you this day. I know, I said (THIS) instead of  today ,"Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread." and then I want to add in front of the world A Big Fat Thank You. Now, I will ask you to get your coffee, tea,  milk or water. If not, then get ready to at least (Smile) Okay,  Here  Goes!! 

On Friday of last week, my daughter, grand-son and I went to the Library and to the Post office, of course we rode the bus, which we had done that day. After walking up the hill to get the bus (sometimes my cousin or our friend will see us and give us a ride to the stop) needless to say, I was just getting a little tired. We usually repeat the (23rd Psalms) in unison, of course, I have mentioned that to you before, anyway, when we were midway to the top of the hill either my grand-son or my daughter will pull me to the top of the hill with my long mop handle that I walk with.  First, I only started carrying it because of the dogs that would chase us; then my grand-son said mom, "Come on I will help you up the hill" I did not believe at first he could pull me but  then, he did. I thought to myself "Thank You Spirit" I now have help.  (Now follow with me a little longer, will you?) Well, from then on I practically relied (lets face it I got a little lazy) on him to pull me to,(the Top),.. Now,, mind you I stand about (5'8 & weigh about 140 lbs.) and of course he is now (10yrs old). Can you even imagine that as a sight? My daughter had begun to help him, she would be on one side of me and of course he the other. I never complain but it you are thinking right about now that I am a Senior and I should not even be riding the (Bus) just now those are my sentiments exactly:))). (but I know if my daughter could have made it better, she would have, and I was not about to dote on my walking, riding or standing with all the other Challenges she was having from the School where she had taught for 8 years) So when we transferred to our Central bus we decided to go to the Library first and then to the Post Office. MY DAUGHTER WALKS VERY FAST, AND SO DOES MY GRAND-SON IF I AM NOT WITH THEM. I suggested to my daughter that since she walks so much faster to go ahead of us and we would catch up with her at the Post Office. She did and I told my grand-son that we would cut through this parking-lot as we had seen her do and we would be there before the Bus would turn around to come back. When we got into the parking-lot there is a grey-stone brick wall that surrounds the apartment dwelling. I did not see my daughter go over it , but I told my  grand-son that I think she did and we have to go the same way and we did. I told him to jump on the top of the stones, which he did , I handed him my stick and told him to pull me up he said okay (MOM) Bless his little heart. He pulled and pulled. I tried to step on top of the stones; the wall was only waist high to me and we had to get over it. (I am sitting here laughing now) I tried to lean backward and he was pulling me. All of a sudden I fell straight back on my (BACK) and head, with one leg going under me and the other was going straight out, can you imagine a SSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssenior in a position such as that? Well, You are so absolutely right.  After I had fallen I just laid there, but I could not or did not want to get up at first. Guess what I had the (Nerve to say to my grand-son

"Well, now, I see I cannot trust you to hold me anymore." He was scared out of his wits. About this time some young college guys came to assist us, and told me they would drive us around to the Post Office. I told him thanks but I just had to get my grand-son to his MoM and that I would do it. And, I did. I got up finally, sat on the wall, pulled my legs over the side and stood up and prepared myself to go across the grass to the Post office. When my daughter came out she looked at us and asked " what's wrong?" After we both attempted to explain, she asked me" Did I want to go to Urgent Care" I started to try to get her to laugh. I asked "Are going to ride the BUS?" She just looked sadly at me and that is not a (look for my daughter to have). It seemed as if she could have been my thinking mommie fell 2 weeks ago when she saw the chipmunks and now this!  She did know that I was giving Thanks and then we gave Thanks together that Spirit had Protected me. I did make her Laugh though, I told her I was just going to lay there for a few seconds longer until I felt the vulnerability of my grand-son and I would not allow anyone or anything to hurt him but her,  If I can help it. and I told her I thank God knew I was not being the Abled Bodied Senior he has made me to be, and starting now if I Survived that Fall, with no broken bones, I don't Claim any or any contusions or any such things. Oh, yes I fell haaaaaaard and I have knots to prove it.(smile) Guess what? I take my time and walk my BUM up that hill to get the BUS, now ask me?  "How is that working for me? to quote"  Dr. Phil. Just Think, Just Think, Just Think we can come back from anything we want to: 
I will make any moments I have Matter and I am. I told my daughter I want to Blog and I share that just because we are Seniors We don't have to pretend to do anything or be anything we do not want to do or be. Maybe, I just needed my grand-son to let me have a Wake-Up Call With My Fall.

I immediately told my daughter to take a picture and she did for my BlOG to complete the profile I  previously did not want to do, I think somehow since I don't know enough about it I just need to learn more.

Well, I hope you laughed a little at me or with me and don't forget to make the Little Ones Laugh as well...

Please join me tomorrow and I will share what I had written for today.
With Much LOVE, (TYD)
 Tonnie Stowers Jackson









No comments:

Post a Comment