My Pageviews

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Painting a Picture for Laughter!!!

Hi EveryOne!!!

How are You? Thank you for joining me again this evening. I think I will start off this way . Let me first wish you a very Happy Birthday, if your birthday is today. I believe there can be a new birth for each of us if we so choose. That is (birth) the beginning of one's origin. If we want it to be a new beginning from or to a new life direction.

Tonight, I want to share some words of my wisdom to make you have a chuckle. On Thursday my daughter shared with me a funny story I enjoyed listening and I hope you will too. While she was attending her son Pass testing she was told this story by a lady that was there. They were speaking on Tradition and she told my daughter  "That her mom always would cut her ham on the left side and the right side from the bone before cooking it" her grand-son asked her "Why did she do that" she answered him and said "I do not really know why, but her mother had always done it" she said "Why not go ask grand mother why did she do it?" well, he asked his grand mother, "Why did you cut the ham in half from the bone before cooking it" she told him to go ask her mother "Why did she do it" he then went to his great grand mother and asked her "'Great grand mother, why did you cut the ham in half from the bone, before cooking it" he told how he had asked everyone previously and they told him to ask her. She answered, "Well, the only reason I cut the ham from the bone was because the ham was too large for my pan and I cut it from the bone so it could fit into my Pan so I could cook it."  I laughed so hard I asked my daughter did she think the lady would mind if I shared it, my daughter told me she didn't think so. (Only A child would question tradition) Now, that helps to explain why A LITTLE LEAD CHILD SHALL THEM!

My own mother had such a fascination with the egg, she always marveled at the way the yolk would stay whole unless you would prick it, with the least touch it would cause the yolk to slowly mix with the white of the egg. Now, don't get me wrong she loved eggs, but so very often she would explain it as the magnificence of  God's work. She felt the egg explained everything e.g. if you do not want to mar something don't touch it if it is always perfect.as it is. I was telling this story to my grand-son and was explaining to him the only thing I can not understand about the egg is" What was the little white thing that is attached to the yolk?", and that "My mom always removed it but I didn't know why." My grandson said, "Mom don't you know that's mucous.  The chickens must have had a cold." ( I have a cold and I have been releasing some mucous myself) After laughing out loud. I thought myself my friend and I had discussed this some years before and we did not come up such a matter-of-fact answer. (Go, Figure) Again. A LITTLE CHILD SHALL LEAD THEM!

A few years back, My friend transitioned. We went to DC for her Home going Celebration and the thing I always would say to her was don't ever let anything happen to her because "Who then would make me laugh?" (she would always find something to make  me laugh about.) That evening after we arrived there and we went through the procedures with them (her family) we were seated in the family room and as I stood up, my friend's son said to me "Tonnie, do you have your shoes on the wrong feet?" I looked down and sure enough in my efforts to get there to (DC) in time to help them I had my put my shoes on the wrong feet, and had worn them this way, drove 10 hours, walked around and all this time I just thought my feet were unusually tired. I looked down, and I laughed so hard. As I explained at her Home-going Celebration that I don't pretend to know about the here-after but I felt that I still had been given something to laugh-about.   
At that time, I Meditated on what I should say, not something sad for her family, friends, and co-workers, but uplifting and below is the message that came forth:

(PHILIPPIANS 4:19) Finally, brethren,whatsoever things are true,whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Please don't forget to laugh, at something, someone, or self. It will be worth a whole bottle of pills. Don't forget to listen and laugh with your Little Ones as well. Join me again, Okay!
With Much LOVE!! (TYG)
Tonnie Stowers Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment