My Pageviews

Monday, March 10, 2014

Painting a Picture of My Family!!!

Hi EveryOne!!

How are you? Thank you for joining with me again. I will not tell you to get something to drink coffee, tea ,milk or water because I do not know how long I will hold your interest. But,I want you to know I appreciate the idea of thinking that you will start and end with me. 

Tonight, I am going to Paint a Picture of my family and my surroundings. I found out today that I should put a photo on my profile.  Well, needless to say I asked why? I thought to myself, you already know I express myself and I do not know if I talk too much.  My grand-son suggested that I at least should put a picture with my words. (Go,Figure) In that way my BLOGGER friends would at least know who is BLOGGING. I explained that my blogger friends already knew. My daughter said well, it won't hurt even if I did not think it would help.

We live in a small town with approximately three thousand (3000) residents.We have 2 cats, (Leafy) and (Emmy). 1 dog (a Labrador retriever). Leafy and Emmy cannot really get along I am told it is because Emmy feels as if Leafy should not be in the house. Emmy moved here with me from DC and Leafy was a kitten with 1 opened eye whose mom had left her to die. She was wandering around in the yard when a neighbor's dog tried to bite her in half. He carried her to the vet and she said if she lived 48 more hours she might live, and sure enough she survived the bite. She walks a little to the side but My daughter and grand-son  took care of her, and  they will take care of anything that is alive.  It is amazing how they will nurture any living thing from turtles that been run over by cars or squirrels injured from a hit-and-run vehicle. I am glad they appreciate all life and it my fervent desire that they will always be the same way. I taught this to my daughter and now she is teaching this to her son. Now, mind you, I almost will run the opposite way if anyone/ animal has the least amount of blood on them.. but I know how to LOVE them.  (G0, Figure) I sometimes think what if people were to treat them (my daughter and grand-son) the same way that they treat every living thing, however, that is not the case and I will only Spread LOVE. Therefore, I will not write about that at this time....

We have 6 Large trees that surround our property, where the birds sit on the branches and tweet and whistle melodious tunes.  The squirrels run up and down the trees and the chipmunks (we have seen for the first time since we have lived here) have scared many of them away. Believe it or not, when my grand-son was about 4 years old he and I would go every place and pick up pine cones, and we did the same things with the acorns.  In fact, we still have 2 large bags of pine cones and 2 large bags of acorns we have saved. I am waiting for him to get rid of them especially since he said we are going to recycle them.:))) . 

I always try to teach him about everything I can, and that includes different kinds of trees, well, last fall we drove by some pecans trees and I told him, lets stop and pick some, in  that way he would know how the pecans looked in the shells. He already knew about  persimmons, and grapes but he had not seen pecans in the shells. When we stopped," I suggested that we pick some up and put them in our pockets" then I said "why don't I get a bag?"  I went to the car and got a bag, I really had not seen anyone on the property when we first arrived there and there wasn't a "no trespassing" sign, well as we were getting the pecans, a gentlemen drove up to us and said that we "should not take things that did not belong to us"  I apologized,  and I told him we would put them back because I had not seen a "no trespassing" sign. He stated, "that the sign was on the front of the property" He told us we could keep the pecans though. When my daughter came home from school, my grand-son was so excited about the pecans that he proceeded to tell her about the pecans and the man. She asked me what was he  (her son) saying I went on to try to explain what had "Happened", she told us to come on we were going to take them back. I told her the building was abandoned and I did not think anyone was there. She said very sternly , "WE WILL JUST GO AND SEE" (smile, although I didn't at the time) We went back twice and on the second time, sure enough, she went to the front of the property and there was the sign as well as gentlemen was in the office. She gave the pecans back and she told the gentlemen in my efforts to teach my grand-son about pecans I had also just taught him how to steal, and that we do not steal. I said "wh--what?" (I had not looked at it that way) The gentlemen said "Oh that's okay, they can keep them" and that "the owners would not mind if we wanted to pick some more."..And that he just did not want us "to get them without asking". (I guess he could see I was a Senior) and I really meant no harm. but my daughter would not allow us to keep them. We don't go on anyone Else's property now to get anything, and I will keep the acorns and pine cones until we either find a way to recycle them or until he grows up (Smile)

 I hope you have smiled a little, if not maybe this will help.... All three of us have thick hair, and my sister said "We are all tender-headed". I told my grand-son that I was combing my hair and he should comb his too, (which none of us like to do) he said "Mom, if I comb my hair, will it hurt your head?" or if "You comb your hair, will my head hurt?" (I guffawed) (Go,Figure) And A Little Child Shall Them. Don't forget to Laugh and Laugh with the little ones as well.


Thanks again, Tomorrow let be surprised okay! Join Me &" B L E S S I N G S" !!!
With Much LOVE, (TYG)
Tonnie Stowers Jackson  

     

No comments:

Post a Comment