My Pageviews

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Painting A Picture About Dance!!!

Hi EveryOne!!!

Thank you for joining with me again. How are You? Happy Birthday to each of you who was Blessed to have been born on this another special day. Maybe a cup of coffee, tea milk or water might be nice. OKay!

I Have been Meditating on something and I think I will share it in a way that all of us can relate to. I have presented the students of LSN in a previous BLOG, and although I don't intend to necessary speak to their abilities, I will share this that in the last couple of days I had the opportunity to Dance myself.  LSN KIDS Slogan is "FREE YOUR SPIRIT THRU DANCE." I wholeheartedly believe in the Energy that the freedom of Movement stirs in our very Souls.

There are approximately 5000 different dances in the world (I checked with Google on this one) and of course, the dance I did the other day to myself and by myself, isn't even counted in the Google count. (Smile)  I also checked this point of info that "Music Soothes the Savage Beast." I read that somewhere many years ago and I decided to confirm it, in my research (also on Google) I found that it is in the first line of a Play and is in other places as well, that dates back to 1697. (Go,Figure)

2 SAMUEL (6:14) And David danced before the Lord with all his might and was rewarded.
and
ECCLESIASTES (3:4) A time to weep, and time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance.

First, we can expend delayed, stagnant or misplaced Energy throughout the movement of Dance. In the beginning of time, Our Ancestors used the freedom of Dance to express their feelings of anxiety, joy or sadness. It allowed them the Power of Worship but because their Energy could not be explained it was thought that it was Witchcraft in motion and was not going to be tolerated. Can you even begin to imagine that after a hard day of toiling, one would have the Energy to Dance? but, (they did)  because it relieves stress and most other conditions know to woman/man. Every culture has it own reasons for their dances. Some just celebrate a new born baby, a new house, a new car, a new boyfriend/girlfriend, a break-up, a new or old anything etc.... Yet, some others would think something is wrong with so-called Secular dance (of or pertaining to the temporal rather than the Spiritual). Why is that?

My daughter was teaching Swing dancing at the Library last summer and a young gentleman came by as I was passing out flyers. I asked him,"Do you want to take the class?" he showed me his Bible and told me he did not dance that kind of dance anymore, I said. "Oh, But, David danced!" He did not respond but, I just thought to myself,  DANCE means to me to move about excitedly in slow or fast motions. Does that mean there should be no more Salsa, Hip-Hop. Break dancing, Rumba. Cha-Cha, Country-line Dancing, Ballroom, Clogging, Square Dancing. Hand Dancing, Zumba, Samba, Merengue, Ballet or Tap and many-many more?, Should I think Praise Dance, (which is sometimes done rhythmically) Yoga, Pilate's or indoor Tai-Chi is not a form of dance because it is done to slower instrumental music and Of course, "My Dance":))) Are not done in spirit? (Which to me means that which is believed traditionally to be the vital rhythmical force within human beings). Should we judge one another's Spiritual Development because one dances to a different kind of music? My Mom even showed us how to Dance the Charleston once and she definitely was a Christian, but because she was one she never did it again.  She said almost the same thing as the young gentleman did.  It is not my intent to Judge and I appreciate the Young People who God gave the Wisdom to celebrate their Energy through songs like "Stomp," as well as others. It has brought a whole New God Movement ns my Lifetime and as a Senior I applaud each of them. Equally so, if it is for personal or impersonal reasons you just Remember that the body is theTemple, therefore glorify God in your Body, and in your spirit, which is on loan to you from the Universe  and you should determine the Neccessity or lack thereof. NOT I. No one should try to tell you what is or isn't important to you. At Least not me.


When I could watch TV,  I always used to watch Ellen. I admired the way she exuded her Energy and the Energy of her audience by starting each show with her Dance. I never did mind who her guests were because She always prepared my mind to accept that it was going to be great. "AND IT WAS!"

While my daughter was getting gas to return the rental car I all of a sudden had the inclination to get out the car at QT and Dance. I felt wonderful. I said to my daughter "Do you Know what we as Seniors Need more of? She said Yes, "TO FREE YOUR SPIRIT THRU DANCE?" I said "That is so right, then just maybe our bones would stop crying out for help from swollen joints, The ritis family and other conditions that we are told is happening because we are getting older." She stated "Mommie, it is good for EveryOne and We should Celebrate each other!"
Even the little babies will try to dance.Then, again, I thought to myself
AND A LITTLE CHILD SHALL LEAD THEM!!!
Join with me again. BE BLESSED< BE WHOLE<AND DON'T FORGET TO LAUGH AND LAUGH WITH THE LITTLE ONES AS WELL. Remember these are my Wisdom thoughts and I would like for you to say (HMMM) (Go,Figure) Maybe the Senior has made a good POINT!!! or not.

With Much LOVE(TYG)
Tonnie Stowers Jackson

PS: I was dancing to the Song "HAPPY!!" TRY IT. ONLY IF YOU WANT TOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment