My Pageviews

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Painting A Picture of Medal of Honors!!!

Hi EveryOne!!!

How are you and Happy, Happy Birthday!!! and Happy Re-Birth today as well. Are you enjoying your special day today? I will not ask you to get something to snack on or to sip on, I would like for you to be at ease whenever you are reading with me.
Today I am going to finish some information I said in the BLOGs of my Great Uncle, CPL Freddie Stowers,that I had found out about the Medal of Honor Awards. I write what I feel that I am Guided to write and today I am supposed to finish that conversation.
I guess, I feel that because I am a SENIOR and some of the information that I now learn is new to me, it just might be news-worthy to some of you as well. I may be the only person that doesn't already know it, just in case that I am not I want you to know it as well.
Before I continue, I will tell you to go to www. United States Army site and some of this information can be confirmed as I did. It is Just so Wonderful that confirmation can be obtained from a reliable source, Don't you just LOVE it? Anyway let us read it together.:-)))

Although not required by military regulation, all members of the military, including the President of the United States, salute the recipient of the Medal of Honor. This sign of respect creates the only situation in which the President is not given first salute:
In 2002 Congress as part of the Defense Authorization Act-- set up a review of Jewish and Hispanic Veterans who had served in Combat since the middle of the century "To insure those deserving the Medal of Honor were not denied because of prejudices."The Congressional Action was later amended to open the door for any Service man or woman denied the Award due to discrimination.

There has been only (1) Coast Guard recipient. Douglas Munro.
There have been seventeen Air Force Medal of Honor recipients since the formation of a separate U.S. Air Force in 1947. Nine teen recipients received Medal of Honor twice as of 2004.
William Carney was the first African-American recipient. He was awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions at Fort Wagner, SC on July 18 1863.
There have been forty-one Hispanic-American Medal of Honor recipients.
There have been eighty-seven African-American Medal of Honor recipients.
There have been thirty-one Asian American Medal of Honor recipients.
There have been twenty-two Native-American Medal of Honor recipients.
There had been 3,459 Medal of Honor Awarded, but, now the list have changed .
President George Bush awarded (11) Medals of Honor Awards.    
President Barack Obama has awarded approximately (9) Medal of Honor Awards.

Information obtained from www. United States Army site also Reference:
The Medal of Honor Commemoration of recipients.By the South Carolina State Guard Foundation.

I wrote this information because of  the Purple Heart that was given to my Great-uncle Cpl. Freddie Stowers and the longevity that was involved in the process to his family members:seventy three years later. But. Some one took the time to write down his actions other than that this would never have been known and it never would have happened.Regardless to the time that had elapsed!!!
And No, the award cannot give back a life, but  when you think about it and think about all the Soldiers/Veterans that gave their lives for a CAUSE that they believed in, And for a Country that still does not totally regards the Human Rights of all People.Now that is worst then the wait!
                             LEAVE NO MAN BEHIND UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES;
I believe this Motto is Applicable under/in all situation. Many SOLDIERS need us to Pray,Write too, 
talk and just SPREAD LOVE to them/ male and female alike. I have asked this question before and now I am during the repeat It is just like with our Children, if we show them LOVE then they will not think it is LOVE when someone show them attention with ill intent. We must show them the difference.Day- in, Day-Out. I am trying to make a better effort of during more.
I appreciate your reading with me. I wanted to finish this before we begin to concentrate on our Mini-Meditation.BE<,BLESSED> BE A BLESSING to others, and Don't forget to LAUGH with the LITTLE ones/PARENTs/SENIORs/SOLDIERs/VETERANs/FRIEND or foe equally, 
With Much LOVE(TYG)
Tonnie Stowers Jackson   

No comments:

Post a Comment