My Pageviews

Monday, August 10, 2015

Painting A PICTURE of SIZZLIN SENIORS(#146)

Hi EveryOne!!!

Happy, Happy Birthday!! How are you? Happy Re-Birth to us as well!!
I think this is appropriate time to write about my latest venue. I have been as of  late
attending a SENIORS CENTER, They are referred to as the
                                                "Sizzlin SENIORS"
It is a Happy time for me, and we share moments of Youthfulness.It is a program where
SENIORS  meet together and have Camaraderie for the soul purpose of Enjoyment. First 
after they start at 10am. they start off with a morning Prayer. Then snacks are provide for
the ones who have a palate for the danishes and water or coffee, that is provided.

Then the exercise GURU (a charismatic leader or guide) proceeds to lead the exercise that all of
the SENIORS participate in..Music is  playing in the background while we (believe this or not)
did a mean roll of our hips(smile) extended our legs side to side  in and out, right then left.
Then we rolled our shoulders up forward and backward, our necks from side to side, jumped up and down and touched our hands over our heads for twenty times and then we held on to the back of the chair for support and jumped in the air for the finality of the exercise. This was fun and if you think we did not do,(DON'T) cause yes, we did.(GO<FIGURE)  The Program has been in existence for 5 years as  one of the Directors told me. I knew of it but I never could attend because of a prior guide commitment.  However, Remember, when I shared with you about my cousin in (#142)Well, she herself told me once, that she went to the Center with her Sister, Jan Jan because she loved it so much but when she herself started that she enjoyed it very much as well and she continued to go, because they were so loyal to each other after her( home going in June) I did not want Jan Jan to feel, but, so Lonely. I knew I could not take her sister's place, but since I relocated here they have been there in a great many instances for us. Anyway I don't want to get off on  a tangent I asked Jan Jan did she mind If I went with her, she told me no, and I spoiled her Husband's surprise for her that first day because he said we were thinking the same way. I enjoy it very Much.

It isn't Large like Senior Solution, Ollies, or Life long Learning Center, but it is large enough for everyone to have ample sitting,or standing space. Long table are stretched across the wall in the front of the Center that is where the Puzzles enthusiast's sit in their quiet zone concentrating on the large ones they are putting together. Next to them is where the Bingo players sits. They even played a game that I was not aware of One of the Directors said it is word Bingo,  that was fun. Of course Guess who won? "You R So Right""I did, but, I now know that I do not have to take the gift. I can share it with someone the next time.In the past I have often mention in my BLOGS that one of the things I used to love to do was to play Whist, guess what?They play two, and sometimes three tables of Whist, Now, that took( the cake-slang), I had not played Bridge or Whist for such a long time, of course, I was Loud and wrong for the first few days, I was like a kid in a candy store, but now I am just remembering how to count the cards again and it really is fun. I looked at some of the Activities that the SENIORS have done and are still doing in their Photo Album, Dancing, Planting A Garden, Dressing in Array of gorgeous African Attire and just socializing with each other. I marveled and  I thought to myself, No Senior really has to be alone, if you don't have a Senior Center where you live. Create One, after all Did not Weight Watchers start in someone home? Many SENIORS do not have family members to share their time with, but if you could meet or speak to any of the Directors from this Center, you just might want to start a"SIZZLIN SENIOR CENTER" in your community.

Many attend the same Church, but, some of us don't that is not a prerequisite. If you are not friendly, loving, caring, and compassionate then you will not enjoy this Center at all because this is who they are.

Finally near the Lunch time hour, we sing the Blessing song for the meal that is served for all Seniors and we commence to get ready to retire, while all the time planning to attend again on Thursday.
I have only seen a taste of the Program but, what a (Yum Yum) feeling to my "PEACE" Appetite.
BE<BLESSED, BE A BLESSINGS TO OTHERS, and don ;t forget to LAUGH!!!
I Appreciate you and I Appreciate the Opportunity to Share. Thank you for Joining With Me.
With Much LOVE(TYG)
Tonnie Stowers Jackson
(PS) They made Wreaths at Christmas Time, and if I did not see the pictures for myself, I would have thought they had taken classes at Micheals or Hobby Lobby. Awesome!! This year I will Make One!!! Remember the 80's is now the 50's. (smile)

No comments:

Post a Comment