My Pageviews

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Painting a Picture of Odds and Ends!!!

Hi EveryOne!!!

Thank you for joining with me today. Today as I finished my Meditation I decided to write about Odds and Ends.  Again I will ask as you have joined with me, please bear with me. Do not think I take for granted that you want to waste your time just reading rhetoric. I express my thoughts and just in case you read it I am grateful.

Well, here goes. When we were young, our mother was a Mid-wife.  She delivered black and white babies alike.  Once when she had delivered a still- born baby, she was telling us about it.  I asked "What caused a baby to be born still-born?" she answered that she wasn't sure, but she was sure "that once children are born and we began to teach them, We make them Still -Minded as time goes on, and if we could understand them,(when they are trying to talk) they would scare most of us to death." And, she really believed that children are born smart, and it is only when we began to teach them that they become Still-Minded. That baffled me, and it wasn't until later that I began to understand her meaning. We inflict our thoughts into their little minds and thus cause this thing called Emotion to take hold and run rampant in their young minds. They grow-up and some of those same Emotions have taken hold and their minds become Still and that growth continues - Still - until years later; at least, outwardly, because we do not see it until they are being psychoanalyzed. Then we ask "what is wrong?" One of the statements that a psychologist will probably ask is "tell me about your childhood," so I am told.

I began to decipher in my own Consciousness some Cliches I had to rid my mind of as I became aware of the intent behind the meanings. Excuse me. I am going to leave for a while. . . I am back now.

    Guess what? I left to attend my cousin's birthday party and upon my return home, my daughter had to get her report.  My grand-son was reading his PENDRAGON book.  I started to talk to them but I could see that they did not really want to talk.  I then thought to myself, I will take a nap which is exactly what I did. I asked them to wake me before they went to bed.  I think around (2:00 am) my grand-son woke me up and told me I could get up to finish my blog. I answered okay, but it took me a little longer to get up.  More like (7:00am) to be exact.

      When I did sit down to finish my blog, something happened.  On the screen was a message that talked about a Trojan Virus. I did not know what that meant but I knew my daughter once told me to just cancel any message that I wasn't sure about. Well, there wasn't a button to push. It stated instead something about McAFEE Security.  I was somewhat alarmed because I knew she said earlier we would re- enroll in this protection plan later because of our circumstances.  Needless to say I woke her at (7:15 am) to ask her to come take a look. I asked is something wrong?  She answered that the Trojan Virus was like the Trojan Horse in Mythology.  She asked me did I remember the story.  I answered "yes," (my grand-son) told me about this last year because of his studies in Mythology.  Of course I did not explain all of that to her, because by this time she wasn't in a very talkative mood.  She re-enrolled in the McAFEE protection and on one of the screens it asked about parental rights. I asked her what did it mean?  She just smiled and said she guessed she had better take it out for me since I seem to like to write my blogs. After a while I asked her did she think the computer had gone to sleep since it took about (23 minutes) to download it, she answered that 'the company had to complete its search for any virus." (She did not see my humor). She told me when she tried to teach me about the computer I would not complete the classes. (I think now I will) I began to say my magic words. IT IS JUST SO WONDERFUL in any crisis in my life I say this affirmation and for me it works.  You may try it if you like.

       I did not intend to tell you all of this. Today my message was supposed to be about Step-Children.  I decided to tell you about the Party, since I went there.  It was GREAT! We enjoyed it and as I sat in the party, I thought to myself I personally like to laugh, and I say in my blog that I am a Senior.  Let me state for the record I am not senile or naive. I don't want to allude to the fact that I am not coherent as well as other Seniors I know. But as a Senior you find that more and more things become less serious.  Because I have learned this I want to get you who are younger to began to think of that sooner rather than later.  Some things you cannot change, like getting grey hair for instance but you don't have to get grey thoughts. :)

        When my mother was (89 years old) my sisters tried to get her to go to the Seniors Center, she said she would go when she became old enough (smile).  We celebrated her Home going at (92 years old), so inherently, I just believe you do not have to wait on pains to come just because you get older.  I believe all Seniors should be called Sophisticated Seniors.

           This really has been Odds and Ends. I want you to have something to laugh about as well as something to think about.  Please get a cup of tea or coffee, read with me as I write. Join me whenever you like. I think I would like that.  Please join me next time.  I believe you will enjoy the next message (Step-Children).
       
Even the youth shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength: they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:30-31)

With Much Love,
Tonnie Stowers Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment