My Pageviews

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Painting A Picture of Great Uncle Freddie!!!

 
Hi Everyone!!!!
Happy, Happy Birthday to you! Have you had a Happy Re-Birth today as well? I said I would
began to write excerpts from the information I have concerning Great Uncle Freddie.

I think I will write this article as personal and as I will continue to write about him, we will know a little more than we will see on line, of course, please feel free to visit on line for more information about him.
I believe he would tell us that when he was on the Battlefield was not where he exuded Bravery but rather when he signed or repeated the Oath to join the Army. 
"To Serve Honestly and Faithfully Against All Thy Enemies, or Oppressors Whatsoever".........
Here was a young Black American whose could not even wear the Uniform of the US Army,
Into Battle. or was not allowed to use the artillery as the other soldiers. In my research  he could only associate with other Black Soldiers. And they were all in a special unit. The 371st Infantry.(except the commanding officer)
I imagine that he thought  that it did not matter whether or not you served in the Military
If you were an African American you would still be that wherever you might be. I often wonder if he even thought of glory or Heroism?, If we could think how he really must have felt.What would we think? I believed he considered it an Honor and a Privilege to serve in the Military. 

Was he a sharecropper son?. He had a wife and daughter to support. Do you think he thought  that approximately twelve dollars ($12.00) a month (if that much). would support his family
Were all of them in the Unit Sharecroppers sons?. Were they made to enlist? Did that enlist of their own free will?  Do you think that it mattered? When they had to change into the French Uniforms and use their( the French )artillery, I think it made he and the others soldiers feel Proud and It made them behave/perform as soldiers.
I believe he felt that you/we are born with Courage but we have to Assuage (to make something more Pleasant) the opportunity to show it. No one can find it for you, You must find it for yourself. It lies behind the crooked smile with the not so perfect teeth, or the marble eyes that show the depth of their  misery and not the brightness of their soul. or the perfect face and the perfect demeanor. I believe that he would think that the person who took time to Notate his Bravery was himself Brave because he was not an ""African American."" What a Blessings. Well, I will Continue tomorrow with my writings for Uncle Freddie Stowers  
  
There is so much going on today that is noteworthy that I want to share it in my BLOG. I am not taking for granted that this isn't a serious matter. I am now visiting the sites, I am reading information about Veterans and those soldiers that are during Active duty as well.
There is a change today in our Military status(s), Young Females and Males alike are serving in
all branches of the Armed Forces. Regardless to the previous Agent Orange or PTSD.
BE BLESSED< BE A BLESSING to others and Don't forget to LAUGH with the LITTLE ones/SENIORs/PARENTs/VETERANS equally!!! I appreciate you. Thank You for joining with me.
With Much LOVE(TYG)
Tonnie Stowers Jackson 

No comments:

Post a Comment