My Pageviews

Thursday, June 12, 2014

BLOG (2) CpL. Freddie Stowers!!!


Hi Everyone!!!

Happy, Happy Birthday to you, and Happy Re-Birth to us as well. How are you? Did you have a great Birthday? It is so important to celebrate your day, I think of it as way of saying I am grateful to be alive, and I am Blessed to know that I am. Maybe, I as a SENIOR think upon these thoughts because I realize that it so easy to not be and it doesn't have to be this way. For any age!

I am so well pleased to bring a portion of information into my BLOG. My opportunity has expanded now to include not just SENIORs/Parents/Granny-moms/dads/Our Little ones but to Soldiers and
Veterans as well. WOW, What a privilege? 
Today, it is like an eternal flame that is warming the very marrow of  my bones. It is with such Gratitude that I accept this opportunity, I thank Google and I will always  want to do it Justice.
 I have Meditated on this for a few days and although I want to tell excerpts from his life, I also want
to say what I am Guided to say. For those of you who did not go to the Veterans Site and obtained the information first hand.. I render this to you now!!!

I am going to read a portion of the information that is already printed about him and in no way will
I distract from that because it is someone Else's writing, OKAY!
Cpl. Freddie Stowers, the first African-American recipient of the Medal of Honor, in World Wars I and WWII, grew up in Sandy Springs, one of the twelve children of Wylie and Annie Stowers.  At age 21, already married and the father of one daughter, Stowers was drafted into the US Army and was sworn into service in Williamston SC on October 4, 1917. He served in the all-black 371st Infantry, 93rd Division, National Army. With-in the first two months, he was assigned to private first
class and by the spring he was assigned to the American Expeditionary Force(AEF), sent to France and was promoted to Corporal. Participating in the autumn AEF campaign, in Champagne Marne area, that led to the Allied breakthrough of the German military line and to German surrender six weeks later, Corporal Stowers led his squad during some of the bloodiest fighting of the war, especially for African-American soldiers.  Stowers was killed on Sept.28,l918, while leading an assault on enemy trenches after the enemy seemed to surrender, drawing the Allied troops out of safety of their trenches. With over half of his company wounded or dead, Stowers, mortally wounded, continued to lead his troops forward until his death. Spurred on by Stowers' courage, his troops continued the attack that led to heavy enemy casualties and the capture of Hill 188. Stowers was buried in the Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery in France.  I will continue with this article tomorrow. Please read with me!!!
May I ask you a question, Have you ever thought why do we have duplicate body parts? eyes, ears, arms legs, right and left side, etc. BUT, ONE BRAIN? My grand-son thinks that if something happens to one of our body parts, we can concentrate on the other part. I asked him "Does he think that we all have dexterity" He answered  "Yes, Mom, but I just use my right hand more, because I don't have to use my left hand as much" (GO,FIGURE!) I will also explain why I asked this question, In the mean- time if you have thought of this. GREAT! If not why not do So?.
Thank you for joining with me. BE BLESSED<BE A BLESSING to Others. Don't forget to LAUGH with the LITTLE ones/,SENIORs/PARENTs/VETERANS equally. REMEMBER, LAUGH AND THE  WORLD WILL LAUGH WITH YOU, CRY AND YOU WILL CRY ALONE!!! Almost always:)))
With Much LOVE(TYG)
Tonnie Stowers Jackson  

No comments:

Post a Comment