My Pageviews

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Painting A Picture of CLICHE(s)!!!

Hi Everyone!!!

Thank you for joining with me again. How are you?
Happy, Happy Birthday to you today, and did you say everything you wanted to say?
It is time to ask you did you get something to quench your thirst, well, I did. Believe it or
at this time of morning I am going to have a cup of coffee.

 I promised to tell you something my (grand-son) told me so let me get to it and bring you up to date as to why we were having this conversation in the first place,

He, his mom and I were going to watch a movie. They really wanted to watch Ghost Rider, but I told them I did not want to see it at nighttime. My grand-son could not understand why. I proceeded to tell him that I wasn't sure of the content but I had seen just a little of the previews, and I did not want to see anything about the word devil and then go to sleep. Well, my grand-son  asked "Why was I afraid to say the word" I answered (W--What) Needless, to say, I began to think really fast and the Senior in me came out in full force; (and oh boy, do I mean GO FIGURE),

Now, Mind you, for years I have not engaged into many conversation about  devil or satan, because I really believe that (God is the only Presence and the Only Power in our lives) and it is hard to think that the word devil had a meaning except something evil, then where would I go with that? Where would I place evil if in fact I think that "God is the only Presence and the Only Power", Where would I place evil if for years I have reversed the letters to LIVE instead of EVIL? Where would  l place EVIL if in fact I am trying to advocate LOVE? Anyway, I am going of on a tangent, when I am supposed to be telling you what my grand-son said.

He said to me, "Mom, there are many kind of devils. I said "No, I don't think so" Friends Please bear with me while I try to explain, because if you notice today I am having a Re-Birth I have been procrastinating(about) writing about this topic, but as you see I must remember I have not been given the Spirit of Fear, but of LOVE,of Power and of a Sound Mind. 
He said to me what about the devil fish? I asked"What about the devil fish?" and frankly I told him" I did not know about a devil fish". He got his book on fish and' He told me to look it up on line. We did, low and behold there as big as day the devil fish ( an octopus, the manta) .
Now I have heard of many cliche(s) about the devil,(e.g) the devil made me do it.
My mom used to say, we were always getting into devil-ment.
He/she has devilish ways.
I am playing the Devil's advocate,
Devil-wood (a plant)
And Last but not the least Devils Food Cake(Hmmm)
I probably am the only person that did not know about the devil-fish and for that I do not feel bad, because that means I have learned something else.. And you already know I really believe "A LITTLE CHILD SHALL LEAD THEM". However, I did watch the movie and this time it involved a little boy. I thought to myself if you can get by the fire idea you might open up your mind to a great movie. As I used to feel about Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, the Chronicles of Narnia, Beverly Hills Chihuahua, and Transformers just to name a few movies. I listened to people comments before I looked and then I looked, because I wanted to know what my grand-son was viewing. I have not wrapped my hands around monstrosities but I did loved Rio 1& 2 and Happy Feet, plus others.
I also will not be afraid to use the word devil anymore, I always thought of devil as an excuse for the things that we would do wrong and did not want to admit to it MORE IMPORTANTLY A FOE OF GOD.. But how can that be if WE TRULY BELIEVE THAT GOD IS THE ONLY PRESENCE AND THE ONLY POWER!!!!! 
I listened to my (grand-son) and I learned something else, and I think between he and his mom I just might become a scholar one day and they have the nerve to try and make me think I am their Foundation (Go, Figure) teardrop
BE BLESSED & BE A BLESSING Don't forget to Laugh and Laugh at the Little Ones As Well. And Listen I know you are being re-trained as I am. Join me again, Okay. I appreciate You.
With Much LOVETYG)
Tonnie Stowers Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment